By participating in this competition, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
Get selected to have your LEGO® DOTS contribution included in a giant LEGO DOTS art installation in LEGO House and the opportunity to win a LEGO DOTS family package and tickets to LEGO House.
The competition is not subject to any purchase.
The Dot LEGO House competition takes place on the official LEGO House website and Facebook page, where you have the opportunity to submit your contribution to the Dot LEGO House activity and get selected to exhibit your contribution with fans from around the world inside LEGO House in a giant LEGO DOTS art installation. You also participate in a competition where you will be able to win a large LEGO DOTS family package containing a variety of LEGO DOTS products and 5 tickets to LEGO House. A new winner will be chosen three times during the summer (July 21, August 4, August 16).
The competition is sponsored by LEGO House, Ole Kirks Plads 1, 7190 Billund, Denmark.
This competition is open to participants from the age of 18, irrespective of nationality and place of residency. Persons under the age of 18 must obtain the permission of their parent or guardian before entering the competition. Proof of such permission must be provided to LEGO House on request. However, employees of LEGO House and their nearest relatives as well as associated companies and companies assisting with the competition cannot participate. Furthermore, if this competition is prohibited in your jurisdiction, you are not eligible for participation.
You can submit your contribution to the LEGO DOTS art installation in the period from June 26 - August 15 no later than 23:59 o’clock, 2021. All contributions received outside this period will not be taking into consideration. The contributions for the LEGO DOTS art installation are selected on an ongoing basis during the period.
Three times during the summer, from week 27 (7th of July) to week 33 (16th of August), a competition takes place, where you have the chance to win the LEGO DOTS family package and 5 tickets to LEGO House. There will be three competitions in total running from respectively:
- July 7 – 21
- July 21 – August 4
- August 4 – 16
You will participate in the period you have chosen to submit your creation(s).
How to enter:
You participate by following the step-by-step guide on the website, where you will be asked to:
Only use red/light blue/white or yellow/purple/white LEGO DOTS elements, on a white 6x6 baseplate.
- Get creative, your way:
- Build your design.
- Draw your design.
- Use the DOTS design tool.
- Share your contribution with us no later than August 15, 2021:
- Take a photo of your design.
- Make sure to create a photo with your design only. Please pay attention not to show additional background or any people.
- Send your design by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sharing the contribution on our Facebook at the competition post.
- Remember to tell us your name and country of origin.
If you follow the above-mentioned steps, your design will be part of the selection process for both competitions in the period you have chosen to submit your creation(s).
Limitation on entry:
You are welcome to enter the competition several times by submitting more than one entry. However, you are not guaranteed that your contributions will be selected to be part of the LEGO DOTS art installation or to win the LEGO DOTS family package including 5 tickets to LEGO House.
We reserve the right to choose creations that fit the color scheme (red/light blue/white or yellow/purple/white) and the building plate size 6x6 knobs. We also reserve the right to not select creations that in any other way are contrary to these official rules.
The prize in this competition is to be selected to have your LEGO DOTS design included in the LEGO DOTS art installed in LEGO House on September 3rd. The winners will be notified by e-mail or Facebook depending on the channel used to participate if their design is selected to be included in the art installation. The winners will be published on LEGO House’s website. The art installation is exhibited inside the LEGO House for an indefinite period.
Furthermore, three times during the period from July 7 to August 16 one lucky winner wins a LEGO DOTS family package consisting of selected LEGO DOTS products and 5 x tickets to LEGO House. This prize has a minimum value of DKK 1.884 and a maximum value of 2.135 DKK. The winner will be found among the entries submitted during that period, and the winner will be notified directly in the Facebook inbox or by e-mail, where we will ask for the full name, address and phone number in order to send the prize.
The prices cannot be exchanged or sold. The prize is subject to availability and LEGO House reserves the right to replace the prize for an alternative prize of the same size or value.
Selection of Potential Winners and Odds of Winning:
The winners in the LEGO DOTS Art Installation will be selected by the LEGO House Sales & Marketing team (the “Judges”) from among all eligible entries submitted by August 15. The selection takes place on an ongoing basis in the period July 26 – August 15. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. In addition, selection will be limited to 35.000 LEGO DOTS designs that together will constitute the artwork in the form of the LEGO DOTS replica.
The winner of the LEGO DOTS family package competition, held three times between July 7 and August 16, will also be selected by the LEGO House Sales & Marketing team (the “Judges”) from all the qualifying entries submitted in the preceding period. The selection takes place on:
- July 21 (submit contribution from July 7 – 21 before 10.00 o’clock)
- August 4 (submit contribution from July 21 – August 4 before 10.00 o’clock)
- August 16 (send contribution from August 4 – August 16 before 10.00 o’clock)
All three selections take place at 10.00 that day.
Acceptance of the prize:
The potential winner of the LEGO DOTS family package will be contacted via Facebook inbox or e-mail and the information will be shared on the LEGO House Facebook fan pages. If a winner cannot be contacted or has not returned within ten days or has not provided the necessary information, a new random winner will be selected from all valid answers received within the competition weeks.
- By entering the competition, you agree to that your contributions submitted in connection with the competition, becomes part of an artwork that is solely LEGO House’s intellectual property right after which LEGO House may use the artwork for exhibitions in accordance with the legislation.
- If you are a winner, you agree that LEGO House may use your first name and country of residence to announce the winner of this contest through the website, and Facebook.
- LEGO House is not responsible for lost, maimed, incomplete or illegible entry materials not received before the submission deadline.
- LEGO House is not liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation to the winner that is caused by any circumstance beyond its reasonable control or by any act or omission of any third party, including lack of receipt of submissions due to technical problems or issues connections or heavy traffic on the internet or other technical issues.
- LEGO House is not liable and does not accept any damage, loss, or disappointment suffered by the entrants of this Contest to the extent permitted by law. Any participation made or attempted in a manner that in the reasonable opinion of LEGO House is contrary to the spirit of these official rules or is unfair to the other entrants will be void and may result in your disqualification from the competition.
- LEGO House is at any time entitled to change, annul, terminate, suspend, or prolong the competition without any liability to anyone.
- These official rules will be governed by the laws of Denmark and the courts of Denmark shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
If you have received news of this competition through a post on LEGO House’s Instagram or Facebook fan page, be aware that this competition is not endorsed, sponsored, or administrated by Facebook, nor is Facebook associated with the competition. In addition, please note that Facebook is released by any responsibility in relation to this competition.
We are the data controller:
LEGO House is the data controller for the processing of the personal data that we have received about you in connection with the competition. You can find our contact information below:
LEGO House, Ole Kirks Vej 1, 7190 Billund, Denmark, CVR-nr.: DK16632635, Phone: +45 8282 0400, Mail: email@example.com.
If you have any questions about our processing of your information, you are always welcome to contact us.
Categories of personal data:
We process the following categories of personal data about you:
- First name.
- E-Mail address.
- Country of origin.
- Your file/visual of your creation.
- Your answer at the comment field of the Facebook competition.
- Your Facebook profile name.
The purposes and legal basis for the processing of your personal data:
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Market LEGO House, facilitate the competition and choose the winners hereof.
- Contact the winners and announce the winners on the website and/or Facebook.
- We will use your first name and country of origin for creating an overview of where the builds come from in the world and to carry out statistics.
- Comply with the official rules.
The personal data will be processed on the basis of our legitimate interest GDPR art. 6(1)(f), as we have a legitimate interest in doing marketing for the LEGO House experience, process your personal data when you choose yourself to make you contribution public through the Facebook fan page and contact/announce the winners both by e-mail and on public platforms online as well as on the basis of the contract (official rules) between you and LEGO House that you accept in order to participate in the competition cf. GDPR art. 6(1)(b).
We will also use your digital visual for creating a physical LEGO DOTS replica for the LEGO House DOTS art installation. The processing of personal data for the purpose of creating the artwork (LEGO DOTS replica) is not covered by the data protection rules cf. s. 3 (8) of the Danish Data Protection Act. Your rights, including right to object and deletion, do thus not apply in relation to the processing of personal data that solely takes place for the purpose of creating the artwork in the form of the LEGO DOTS replica.
Recipients or categories of recipients:
We will transfer the below personal data to the visitors in LEGO House:
- We will use First name and “country of origin” to show on a world map in LEGO House.
We may transfer your personal data to independent data controllers if we are legally required to do so and pursuant to our joint controllership with Facebook if you choose to share your contribution through Facebook and if you are announced as a winner through Facebook.
Your personal data may also be disclosed to our data processors. Such disclosure is subject to data processing agreements, and the data processor may not use the data for other purposes than to perform the processing for us. These data processor categories are:
- IT suppliers
- E-mail providers
- Other suppliers of services that we work with
- Social media providers
In some cases, we can transfer your personal data to data processors located in countries outside the EU/EEA. If your personal data is transferred to countries outside the EU/EEA, such transfer will take place on the following legal grounds:
- Binding Corporate Rules.
- The country has been approved by the European Commission as having an adequate level of security.
- If the country has not been approved by the European Commission as having an adequate level of security, we will transfer the data by use of "Model Contracts for the Transfer of Personal Data to Third Countries", as published by the Commission of the European Union, or any other contractual agreement approved by the competent authorities.
Where your personal data comes from:
We will only process the personal data that you submit to us.
Storing your personal data:
We store your personal data until September 30, 2021 if your creation is not chosen.
If your creation is chosen we will build your LEGO DOTS design and then delete your data two years after end of the competition in our own systems. However, your name and place of origin may still by publicly available through post on our website as well as Facebook and Instagram fan pages.
Moreover, your personal data will also still physically form part of the art installation. As we have also stated above, the processing of personal data for the purpose of creating the art installation will not be subject to the data protection rules cf. s. 3 (8) of the Danish Data Protection Act, including the right of deletion and the other rights we have stated below.
Under the data protection rules, you have several rights in relation to our processing of personal data about you.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us. You may find the contact details above.
Right to view information (right of access):
You have the right to access the information we process about you, as well as the right to receive a copy of your personal data.
Right of rectification:
You have the right to have incorrect information about yourself corrected.
Right to have data deleted:
In special cases, you have the right to have information about you deleted before the time of our general deletion occurs.
Right to restriction of treatment:
In some cases, you have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted. In future, if you have the right to have the processing restricted, we may only process the data – other than storage – with your consent, or for the purpose of establishing, asserting, or defending legal claims, or to protect a person or important public interest.
Right of objection:
In some cases, you have the right to object to our or lawful processing of your personal data. You may also object to the processing of your information for direct marketing.
Right to transmit information (data portability):
In some cases, you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have that personal data transferred from one data controller to another without hindrance.
You can read more about your rights in the Danish Data Protection Agency's guidance on the rights of data subjects, which you can find at www.datatilsynet.dk.
Complaint to the Danish Data Protection Agency
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are dissatisfied with the way we process your personal data. You can find the Danish Data Protection Agency's contact information at www.datatilsynet.dk.
LEGO DOTS creation tool
LEGO is a trademark of the LEGO Group. © 2021 The LEGO Group.