2. Who is the data controller for my personal data?
LEGO House and Facebook are joint data controllers for your personal data.
LEGO House’s company information is:
LEGO House A/S
Address: Ole Kirks Plads 1, 7190 Billund
CVR no.: 16632635
Facebook’s company information is:
Facebook Ireland Ltd.
4 GRAND CANAL SQUARE, GRAND CANAL HARBOUR
Reg no.: 462932
LEGO House follows the guidelines of the Danish Data Protection Agency regarding joint data controllers and LEGO House will do its best, with the existing means, to ensure that you will be notified of the processing of your personal data before you visit the Facebook page. Together with other companies we continuously seek to enter into a dialogue with Facebook regarding the regulation of joint data controllers.
Facebook has in this regard published an appendix on the joint responsibility for “Facebook Insight” which you can find via the following link:
3. What personal data does Facebook collect?
Depending on your behaviour on the Facebook page LEGO House and Facebook may collect the following personal data about you:
- Whether you “like” or have used other reactions on the Facebook page
- Comments you leave on the Facebook page
- That you have visited the Facebook page
- Your behaviour and interests on the Facebook page
- Personal data collected in connection with competitions (e.g. name and relation to others)
Furthermore, Facebook uses “Facebook Insight” on the Facebook page to collect anonymised statistical information about visitors’ behaviour on the page, including gender, relationship status, work, lifestyle, interests, information about purchases and geographical data. For this purpose, Facebook has placed cookies on your devices when you visit the Facebook page. Each cookie contains a unique identification code that will remain active for a period of two years unless they are deleted before the expiration of this period. Facebook receives, stores and process your personal data through these cookies.
4. What is the purpose of processing your personal data?
LEGO House will also process your personal data to improve LEGO House’s products, improve the Facebook page and conduct surveys, compile statistics, develop and protect LEGO House’s services and products, based on, among other things, your feedback. LEGO House will use aggregated data, which is made available by Facebook through cookies by “Facebook Insight”, e.g. information about age, gender, relationship status, work, lifestyle, interests, information about purchases and geographical data.
Facebook processes your personal data to enable Facebook to improve its advertising system and to provide LEGO House with statistics that Facebook produces based on your visit on the Facebook page, in order to advertise and customise the activities on the page. Through cookies, Facebook and LEGO House will know if you like the Facebook page and use the page’s applications and be able to customise the content on the Facebook page and develop functions that you might be interested in.
5. What is the legal basis for the processing?
LEGO House processes your personal data based on LEGO House’s legitimate interest in improving LEGO House’s products and services as well as in order to carry through competitions that you, a friend or family member attends (Article 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)).
Facebook processes your personal data based on Facebook’s legitimate interests, including Facebook’s interest in providing an innovative, individually tailored, secure and profitable service (Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR). Facebook will also process your personal data in accordance with your consent which you can withdraw at any time via the Facebook settings (Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR).
6. Who receives my personal data?
LEGO House does not transfer your personal data to other companies at any time, however, we use data processors in the form of media agencies.
Among other things, Facebook can share your personal information with the following categories of recipients:
- Within the companies of Facebook
- Facebook partners who use analytics services
- Other people using the Facebook page
- Measurement partners
- Researchers and academics
7. What are my rights?
Under the data protection legislation, you have several rights:
- You are at all times entitled to gain access to the information LEGO House and Facebook process about you, with certain statutory exceptions
- You have the right to object to the collection and further processing of your personal data
- You have the right to have your personal data rectified, deleted or blocked
- In certain cases, you have the right to limit the processing of your personal data
- You have the right to receive personal data which you have provided us with and, in some cases, have these personal data transmitted to another data controller (data portability)
If you are a Facebook user, you can change your privacy settings to affect how your personal data is collected and processed when you visit and use the Facebook page.
Use the following links to change your settings:
8. Who do I contact?
Facebook’s general set-up and the agreements LEGO House has entered into with Facebook suggest, that you must contact Facebook if you wish to exercise your rights. This is due to the fact, that only Facebook is functionally able to take the necessary steps to meet most of your requests.
If you wish to make a complaint in connection to our processing of your personal data, please contact us.
If your complaint is not resolved by us and you wish to proceed with the case, you can send your complaint to the Danish Data Protection Agency:
Carl Jacobsens Vej 35
Telephone: +45 33 19 32 00